Positioning of Mega-Catch™ Traps
For the best performance from your Mega-Catch™ Mosquito Trap, first determine the source of the mosquito nuisance (Mosquitoes breed in wet areas like streams, marshland, wooded areas and gardens). Then use these rules to site the Trap:
- Rule 1: Place the Trap between the mosquito source and areas of human activity.
- Rule 2: Place the Trap as far away from people and as close to the mosquito source as possible. (Attract them to the Trap and not to you.)
- Rule 3: Place the Trap upwind of the mosquito source but only if you can comply with Rule 1. (Mosquitoes sometimes use the wind to navigate.)
- Rule 4: Place the Trap in a predominantly shaded area. (Most mosquitoes avoid direct sunlight.)
- Rule 5: Place the Trap in a location protected from rain and strong wind. (Mosquitoes don’t fly in strong winds.)
- Rule 6: If severe weather conditions are predicted then store the Trap out of the weather.